[Marketing] Re: [Board] Fwd: RE: Open Source track for Geospatial World Forum 2012

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Thu Nov 17 12:00:36 EST 2011

Hash: SHA1

Dear Megha,
yes, please include OSGeo as a seminar partner. We will make sure that
it will be announced on our mailing list once we have a link to point
to. Can you please give us a link to your identification, logo, etc.?

Please use this OSGeo logo:

Also available in vector format:

I am not sure whether we will be able to substantially help you in
organizing the papers, this depends a lot on how many we receive. In
general we do this via an online voting system where all abstracts are
open for public scrutiny and people can allocate points for their level
of interrest. After this pre-sorting a program committee looks into the
submissions and organizes them into a coherent list. I am forwarding
this both to the OSGeo Conference and Education committees - maybe this
is an action that might get them interested.

During the last board meeting it was decided that I should be your
primary contact and will then include whoever else might be helpful.

Best regards,

On 16.11.2011 13:17, Megha Datta wrote:
> Dear Arnulf, 
> Would you have any news for me regarding partnering for the Open Source
> Seminar at GWF? Our brochure is due for print on Nov 18th and I would like
> to include your logo in the same.
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
> Kind regards,
> Megha
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Megha Datta [mailto:megha.datta at gisdevelopment.net] 
> Sent: 09 November 2011 18:19
> To: 'Seven (aka Arnulf)'
> Cc: 'Aditya Chopra'; 'Annu Negi'
> Subject: RE: Re: [Board] Fwd: RE: Open Source track for Geospatial World
> Forum 2012
> Dear Arnulf,
> Thank you for the email and sharing your board's reaction on the
> partnership. I would like to clarify that the Programme Committee members
> would not be reviewing the submitted papers. As a Seminar partner, we expect
> OS Geo to do that for the session on Open Source. In addition, we will also
> forward you the papers submitted online which are relevant for the Open
> Source Seminar after reviewing it internally. Since you have the maximum
> experience and expertise in the Open Source sector, we would like you to
> send out information about the seminar and call for papers. Please do note
> that all speakers (except for Chair and Keynote Speaker) for the seminar
> have to register and pay the delegate fee. We welcome your suggestions on
> changing the content of the Seminar as the partner organisation. Does this
> mean that the board is accepting to be a part of the Forum as a Seminar
> Partner? We will be pleased to make the announcement of our partnership in
> the upcoming brochure.
> Regards,
> Megha
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Seven (aka Arnulf) [mailto:seven at arnulf.us] 
> Sent: 09 November 2011 16:43
> To: Megha Datta
> Subject: Fwd: Re: [Board] Fwd: RE: Open Source track for Geospatial World
> Forum 2012
> Megha,
> find a short note from the first reactions to the announcement of
> Geospatial World Forum to the board list in Amsterdam below.
> We have the board of directors meeting tomorrow and I will make sure
> that we help to promote the event. Wrt the program committee I think it
> would be helpful to ask someone from OSGeo whether they would be willing
> to join as this will help to raise the quality of the track.
> We might even want to change some of the content - you mention a few
> tools that are widely unknown in the geospatial arena, for example EDBS
> tools. What are they, do ou have a link?
> Best regards,
> Arnulf
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: [Board] Fwd: RE: Open Source track for Geospatial World
> Forum 2012
> Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 08:58:43 +0200
> From: Ari Jolma <ari.jolma at gmail.com>
> To: board at lists.osgeo.org
> Arnulf, the board,
> I did not know about this event - their marketing hasn't been very
> extensive (this is the one that has been in India before?). The deadline
> for abstracts is now extended to 20 November (from the 28 Oct in your
> pdf) - let's announce it on the discuss list.
> I don't recognize anybody on the programme committee - who I suppose
> will review the abstracts - do you how we can have a say on that?
> Regards,
> Ari
> On 11/08/2011 04:51 PM, Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:
>> Board,
>> we will have the Geospatial World Forum 2012 in Amsterdam and Geospatial
>> Media would like to partner with us in organizing the Open Source track.
>> There already is a first draft of the brochure [1] (6MB which is why I
>> did not attach it). Basically a link swap and that we make sure that the
>> folks presenting in the Open Source track actually know what they are
>> doing. I am in for it and would also help do the work but wanted to ask
>> whether you are fine with this too. They would become kind of a media
>> partner. I put it on the agenda.
>> Best regards,
>> Arnulf
>> [1] http://arnulf.us/download/GWF%202012%20Brochure.pdf
>> -------- Original Message --------
>> Subject: RE: Open Source track for Geospatial World Forum 2012
>> Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 11:00:53 +0530
>> From: Megha Datta<megha at geospatialmedia.net>
>> To: 'Arnulf Christl'<arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net>
>> CC: 'Aditya Chopra'<aditya.chopra at gisdevelopment.net>,	'Annu Negi'
>> <annu.negi at gisdevelopment.net>
>> Dear Arnulf,
>> Thank you for the prompt and positive response. We have two separate
>> Seminars at the Geospatial World Forum on Open Source and NextGen
>> Standards and Interoperability. I recommend you participate and partner
>> with us for the Seminar on Open Source. As a Seminar partner, we would
>> like OS Geo to help us identify and encourage its members and network of
>> professionals to participate at the Seminar and present papers and help
>> us reach out to maximum professionals by promoting the conference for
>> us. In return, we would be pleased to offer OS Geo branding of Strategic
>> Institutional Partners with logo on brochure and all marketing
>> collaterals and a complementary registration for the conference. For
>> your reference, I am attaching the brochure of the conference with this
>> email, which outlines the details of both Seminars on Open Source and
>> NextGen Standards and Interoperability.
>> I look forward to hearing your views.
>> Kind regards,
>> Megha
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Arnulf Christl [mailto:arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net]
>> Sent: 02 November 2011 20:40
>> To: megha at geospatialmedia.net
>> Subject: Open Source track for Geospatial World Forum 2012
>> Dear Megha,
>> I was requested by Steven Ramage wrt an Open Source track and that OGC
>> people were invited to speak there. I am now somewhat confused as to
>> what you are planning - OGC and OSGeo are quite different things.
>> Additionally I wanted to ask, what you have already planned wrt to how
>> you will address Open Source in Europe because it is a much bigger topic
>> here than in Asia. Let me know if I can help.
>> Best regards,
>> Arnulf
> _______________________________________________
> Board mailing list
> Board at lists.osgeo.org
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
> _______________________________________________
> Board mailing list
> Board at lists.osgeo.org
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board

- -- 
Exploring Space, Time and Mind
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/


More information about the Marketing mailing list