[Marketing] Re: [Local-chapters] Exhibition Starter Pack

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Sat Apr 21 05:41:56 EDT 2012

Hello Arnulf and all,
I would like to ask what do you think about using a Google Fusion Table
to deal with the list of the OSGeo events list ? Maybe we can use the table
I've created yesterday after passing through the discussion in this list [1].
It is just a start, but as it is shared publicly then everybody should be able
to access and edit the table.

One key advantage I can see of using such a Fusion Table is that the data
can be then displayed on a map easily, as Nicolas Bozon did this morning
here: [2] with another public Fusion Table.

As you noticed in the table I created there is the link to the corresponding
OSGeo Wiki page for this event, this way if we think about building a map
over the data stored in the Fusion Table. Then this map can be used as an
entry page to access all the conferences descriptions stored on the OSGeo
Wiki.

Hope to hear any feedbacks about the idea,
Best regards,

[1] https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1YJVZtWEPYDMJEXLXfE-tV44M4PyaXMirj9sJFVQ
[2] http://demo.mapmint.com/public/conferences

Gérald Fenoy