[Marketing] Cleaning up the Marketing Exhibition Pack

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Sat Apr 28 15:59:38 EDT 2012

On 12-04-28 6:44 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> Daniel,
> I understand you are OSGeo treasurer? Can you please comment on the
> process we should follow to allocate marketing funds, as outlined here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack#Getting_a_Regional_Starter_Kit
> Also, do you have suggestions on how can the Marketing Committee keep
> track of budget allocated to the Marketing Committee?

Hi Cameron,

I have added a section to track usage of the Marketing budget in the
OSGeo 2012 budget page at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2012

My take on the process would be:

1- Marketing Committee votes a motion to allocate X amount to local
chapter Y for Exhibition Pack (decision likely based on the guidelines
at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack)

2- The Chair of the marketing committee forwards the decision to the
treasurer.

3- Local chapter submits copies of receipts to OSGeo treasurer to get
reimbursement up to the allocated amount.

How does that sound?

Daniel

P.S. I am subscribed to the Marketing list but do not follow it closely,
so please CC me directly as you just did when you need my attention.
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/