[Marketing] Marketing Digest, Vol 56, Issue 4

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 04:28:45 PDT 2012

Jeroen, Venkatesh,
If you wish to see a different title, then please suggest one, otherwise
please don't block the motion unless you feel strongly that we should
remove the role altogether. So far, I haven't heard anyone suggest a
better title.
This is what has been debated so far:

  * "OSGeo Ambassador" - Implies someone who is a selected by the board,
    rather the reality of a self appointed volunteer; concern this might
    have legal ramifications for OSGeo.
  * "OSGeo Speakers Bureau" - limiting the role to speaking and not very
    prestigious
  * "Authoritative OSGeo Personalities" - a bit long and informal
  * "OSGeo Advocate" - this was the final term decided upon

On 09/06/12 19:51, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
> On 2012/06/09 16:46, Jeroen Ticheler wrote:
>> Apologies I was unable to attend the meeting.
>>
>> -0 from me.
>
> -0 from me too. To me member of OSGeo (charter or otherwise)
> is an OSGeo advocate.
>
> Venka
>

>> I've read the logs and am not convinced this change makes sense. As
>> Danniel noted the term advocate doesn't really provide the prestige
>> we're looking for, we are all advocates.
>> My impression of the discussion on IRC is that the email exchanges
>> have been largely ignored and have not been part of the meeting
>> discussion. I think it needs more thought  before we decide on the name.
>> Cheers,
>> Jeroen

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager