[Marketing] Please add your OSGeo Advocate profile, and provide feedback

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Wed Jun 13 04:50:02 PDT 2012

Hi all,
I've carefully looked at what Arnulf did, thought it made sense and improved it a little bit to avoid the need to write things twice.

Basically he has (and I also had) two end points for his profile. What we can do is to have one limited profile and one full one including the map etc... That allows to have a small profile on the Advocates list and a longer one when the user clicks on the name of that person (see Arnulf's or mine).

I now:
- use the User:Ticheler page for the short description following the template
- Add a More background section and location in the Jeroen_Ticheler page. That page basically looks like this:

<!-- start here -->

{{User:Ticheler}}

====Additional background====
Jeroen has been promoting the use of international standards and [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_Open_Source_Software Free and Open Source Software] for geographic data and information for over ten years now. Jeroen served on the OSGeo Board and is a Charter member since the early days of OSGeo. He participated in writing the United Nations SDI (UNSDI) Reference Architecture as Task group manager Interoperability in the United Nations Geographic Information Working Group [http://www.ungiwg.org/ UNGIWG]. He frequently participated in ISO TC211 and OGC meetings in the past.

{{#umSetParam: 5.6737|51.9993|Bennekom, The Netherlands|Ticheler|Jeroen Ticheler}} {{#umUserMap:Ticheler|300px|150px|7|2|y}}

<!-- end here -->

Cheers,
Jeroen