[Marketing] [Board] IRS 501c3 Requirement: renaming Marketing Committee to Outreach Committee

Greg Buehler gbuehler at opengeospatial.org
Fri Nov 30 08:41:54 PST 2012

All,

Actually, OGC has change the name of our program to "Marketing and Communications" from "Outreach" (although my title remains: Director, Outreach and Communication Services).

We are however a 501c6, not a c3.  So the rules are a bit different.  With our new Executive Director coming on board this month, who knows, maybe we will change back ;)

I would definitely support OSGeo using the term "Outreach", as I think that is in line with the intent of the function anyway.

Greg Buehler
gbuehler at opengeospatial.org

The OGC: Making location count.
http://www.opengeospatial.org/contact