[Marketing] OSGeoLive DVDs for FOSS4G-FR 2014 ?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Apr 23 09:26:52 PDT 2014

On 04/23/2014 02:50 AM, nicolas bozon wrote:
> Dear marketing committee, list
>
> As you may know, the first ever francophone FOSS4G regional event [1] will
> take place next month in Paris, France (May 20th-22nd).
> FOSS4G-FR 2014 is organized by the francophone local chapter and it is
> shaping pretty well with 10 sponsors and an interesting program [2].
>
> The event LOC is planing to get an OSGeo booth during the conference in
> order to communicate better on the Foundation, its projects and our chapter.
> OSGeo-fr already has some items that could be compared to the Exhibition
> pack [3]. I think we have the OSGeo black banner and a few remaining
> goodies, and we are preparing an OSGeo-fr kakemono to put on the booth. The
> LOC is also printing OSGeo welcome bags, pens, badges and stickers for
> about 300 participants.
>
> So this is not a request for an exhibition pack, but we are wondering if
> the marketing committee could provide us with OSGeoLive DVDs.
> Would it be possible to get them funded and shipped by OSGeo ?
>
> If yes, what would be the procedure to follow please ?
> If yes, how many DVDs could we target ?
> If yes, would that be possible before one month (including shipping) ?
>
> Many thanks in advance for any hint
>
> Best regards,
>
> On behalf of the FOSS4G-FR 2014 LOC,
> Nicolas Bozon
>
> [1] http://foss4g.osgeo.fr/Accueil
> [2] http://foss4g.osgeo.fr/Programme
> [3] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack

It would be more likely if you can find a local printer of DVDs and get
a quote.

In the past we generally have not funded DVDs, but if everyone has an
exhibition pack now, maybe we can shift some funds. Printing them in the
US and shipping to France would be way too expensive though. So if you
can find a source in the EU for printing and get the cost low enough per
disc we might be able to help (fyi matching funds is also encouraging).

I see 2 possible targets: 300 if you can get them into every back and
convince the LOC to pay for 1/2, or about 50-75 - a guess (overestimate)
at how many people would actually want one if they came by the booth.

Thanks,
Alex