[Marketing] Guidelines for marketing activities for local/regional chapters?

Kari Salovaara kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Nov 22 12:58:57 PST 2016

Hi Cameron,

thanks answering quickly.
Maybe I didn't write my original email clear enough, when I mentioned...
- I know everything what's in wiki and I've understand what that means.
I've read wiki pages many times and followed when they have been updated
- yes I know the old manners how to translate but I'm already OSGeo Live
Transifex translator, only waiting for context
- yes, I mentioned that flyer and other written material are old and
asked when committee will upgrade them
- and I asked if there is some other material as most items have been
updated none existing (over lined)

So thanks. I think that I'll manage to tell to board what is the
situation. We'll find our own ways to inform possible sponsors etc.

Good night,
Kari

22.11.2016, 21:13, Cameron Shorter kirjoitti:
> Hi Kari,
>
> Great to hear your interest in translating. The process is described
> here:
>
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Translate
>
> I notice that the process is slightly out of date in that we are using
> git now instead of svn, but the rest is good advise.
>
> You could start your translation today if you want. Start by logging
> onto the OSGeo-Live email list and introducing yourself.
>
> Note, there is conversation in the OSGeo-Live team about moving to use
> Transfix for the next release and we are looking for volunteers to
> help set it up. Maybe you might be able to help source some
> volunteers? The conversation is happening on the OSGeo-Live list.
????? I'm following, are You?