[Marketing] Introduction to Marketing List.

Peter Mooney petermooney78 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 13:22:49 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

My name is Peter Mooney and I'm volunteering to help out with the Branding
& Marketing Project.

Jody suggested I give a little introduction upon joining.

I'm currently the Geo4All Co-Chair for Europe.

I'm also currently part of a small group of OSGeo supports who are creating
an OSGeo Chapter in Ireland and holding our first official symposium +
meeting at the end of May 2017.

My day job is a tenure-track lecturer position at the Department of
Computer Science in Maynooth University in Ireland.

While I'm the one of only a small number of 'geo' people in the Department
I use, and have my students use, open source software as much as possible
in classes and research. Indeed one of my passions is teaching with open
source, open data, etc.

As a researcher I'm interested in VGI, open data, spatial data mining and
routing/navigation algorithms.

While I won't be able to make every Wednesday teleconference (travel of
various committments) I'll do my best to contribute as much as I can.

Best wishes,

Peter Mooney