[Marketing] code sprint, content migration, generation starts now

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 08:06:42 PDT 2017

On 22 July 2017 at 11:29, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> 6) Astrid is helping people write information sheets using the SVG here:
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/tree/master/marketing/print
>
> (we do not have a template yet but this is "good").

Astred lead a team reviewing the printed material and would like to make
some changes before Boston.
- A few small changes to text (moving deegree up next to mapserver and
geoserver) changing the last category to "web mapping".
- remove the bullet point for local chapters (since we have a section for
that)
- remove the "software foundation section and change to a bullet point
(sigh, tough but correct choice)
- remove bullet point about foss4g and make a section for foss4g and events
(since that is about new people)
- and so on ...

My understanding is that the google doc will be edited; I only have access
to the PDF so I am not sure if we can fix before Boston.

Marc left me with instructions for printing; we are going to try and get
content shipped to hotel (rather than complicate things for the local
organizing committee). I will work with OSGeo treasurer to print.