[Marketing] branding wrap up

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu May 11 11:42:15 PDT 2017

I cornered Julie West from Boundless for another "coffee break" chat:

F3 Rubik
C3 Current OSGeo green with secondary color
BW3

Here are the notes:

Font

   - Like F1 the most, G does not have "bar" so may look like a C
   - Is F1 the same as QGIS Font choice?
      - F1 "O" so similar to compass, discussion on QGIS approach of
      folding into text (not interested)
   - F2 - the font says "libre" how can that be a bad thing, membership
   would like this :)
   - F1 and F3 the most, F2 is a little narrow, skewed, too tall
      - F1 and F3 weight is better
      - Jody likes the F3 weight the best
   - Jody: Likes all three of them
   - *F3* happy medium, has the bar for "G"
      - Like F3 the most
      - Jody likes F3 the most

aside: Discussion on "OSgeo Green color"

   - C1, C2, C3 --> C3
   - C3 has more contrast with secondary color
      - C3 is clear winner
   - C4 bright? secondary is toned down ,more similar to C2
   - C5 more contrast
   - C6 is too light on both colors

Sub-brands

   - C1 looks okay like this, nice and clear
   - Subrand is in the same font
      - Going with Rubic woudl like to also keep both the same
   - looks good!

Compass size

   - S2 is better :)
      - still looks pretty clear when small

Black and white

   - Appreciate two grays in BW2! A bit hard to see the difference
   - BW3 steals the show
      - love the white space in BW3