[Marketing] handling of foundation news as press releases

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 09:37:21 PST 2018

Another website question coming out of private discussion, for the blog
"foundation news", it is intended for projects, events, and committees to
make official announcements. We also occasionally use it for press releases
... but to my knowledge we just take the writing format of a press release,
and have sent it out to media for promotion.

What would it take, or how would we go about, issuing a press release?

(aside: any individual or organization added to planet OSGeo is listed
under community news, not foundation news)