[Marketing] New members and adding service providers to website

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 10:02:39 PST 2023

I had an oppertunity to attend foss4g-asia last week (thanks to the event
inviting me to represent geoserver and my employer for the time to attend).

One thing that consistently came up is ... lack of awareness of what OSGeo
offers and how to take part.

While we have a link on how to add a service provider; the form for
creating an OSGeo id is really very confusing.
The OSGeo channel had the idea that I could grant permissions in person
from the osgeo booth.

With this in mind:

   - I helped several people register as members;
   - Encouraged service providers to setup a page so we could promote their
   services

The first one has completed (and I have published) today:
https://www.osgeo.org/service-providers/json-singh-consulting/

Asking people to do so many steps and sign up for mailing lists is quite
the procedure. I think we could also help people via chat channels; and
discourse which is being setup as an experiment.