[Marketing] marketting committee discourse?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 15:54:16 PST 2023

I think given our outreach focus we should consider migrating to discourse
(once sysadmin committee sorts things out).

But only if the barrier to entry is lowered….

Signing up for an email list is expensive in terms of commitment (you are
committing to an unknown number of emails). But signing up for an osgeo
user id is also not cheap (it takes some steps).

I think if discourse can be used via external authentication it will be
much easier to engage with service providers and sponsors.