[Marketing] Marketing meeting -> breakout work party today

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 08:57:00 PDT 2024

Catching up on actions today as we did not have enough folks for meeting.

   - The discourse motion did not pass; I think we should make this motion
   again 😃
      - geoserver-users is starting to make the switch, seems like it will
      be okay

Some notes!

   - Added Jorge and Scott as new committee members
   - The motion to go to discourse did not pass ...

Website:

   - Public outreach, looking at service providers, how the maps (presently
   do not) function
   - Marketing committee is responsible for website content, with the goal
   of keeping it focused on outreach and public service.
   - Add permissions for Jorge and Scott to manage users (to support above
   workflow)
   - The user management roles is here https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Website

Wiki:

   - Looking at marketing page and where the board meetings are (no there
   is not a page for today's meeting created)
   - Action: Jorge is going to figure out how to use a category to replace
   editing https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Meetings page,
   https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Marketing_Meetings

Service providers are sent to the marketing committee for assistance:

   - Instructions to share are here:
   https://www.osgeo.org/community/getting-started-osgeo/add-service-provider/
   - They will need an OSGeo User ID, and they will need the "Service
   Provider Author" role.
   - Then their page is ready we can review before publishing.
   - Pretty much any content is fine, but we try to have pictures of people
   (the company members), or the building (if they are shy).