[MetaCRS] Using CS-Map to retrieve WKT for EPSG CRS codes: Help?

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 21:51:53 EST 2008

On Dec 16, 2008, at 7:55 PM, Norm Olsen wrote:

> There exists substantial documentation for the library in a form
> unsuitable for open source publishing.  Getting this into the
> appropriate form for Open Source publication is also on my list of
> things to do.  I will try to get something useful posted in the very
> near future.

Norm,

As a potential user (and contributor) of CS-Map, I would implore you
to kick out whatever CS-Map documentation you have unless it is IP-
encumbered or something.  As a frequent purveyor of barely-fit-for-
public-consumption Open Source documentation, I will say that anything
(even if it's a 200 page Word document!) is better than nothing, and
please don't let its current shape prevent it from getting used .
Documentation development is one way that you can help bootstrap more
outside contributors into CS-Map, but without any documentation, only
the very brave and very determined will be able to make much progress.

Howard