[MetaCRS] CS-Map: Converting WKT to WKT

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Dec 18 09:22:50 EST 2008

Hi,

I put together a quick script to convert from WKT to WKT in CS-Map.

Some code for what I'm trying to do:

  csmap.CS_wktToCsEx(pointer(csdef), pointer(dtdef), pointer(eldef),
                     wktTypes[frm], wkt, 0)
  csmap.CScs2WktEx (wkt2, sizeof(wkt2), wktTypes[to], pointer(csdef),
                    pointer(dtdef), pointer(eldef),0)
  print wkt2

I then looped over each type of input and export WKT for two diferent
WKT strings: the results are at:

   http://crschmidt.net/mapping/csmap/wkt_import_export.txt

I note that none of the conversions for the first wkt string export:

  GEOGCS["WGS 84", (...)]

Is this expected?

I also see that many of the conversions put "EPSG:4326" in as the name
of the GEOGCS, which seems... surprising to me.

Thoughts? Is there a better method that does what I'm looking for here?

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta