[MetaCRS] An Introduction

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon May 5 12:33:22 EDT 2008

Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
> If this would be an appropriate place to discuss a common CRS library
> for Java, I will invite the other interested participants to describe.
> If it is not, I will set up an alternative mailing list and will post
> the description details here.

Landon,

Welcome!

I would suggest that you discuss a common Java CRS library within
the context of the project that will be responsible for it - likely
GeoTools.  I would encourage you to keep MetaCRS aware of major news
with regard to the Java CRS effort.

I'm also keen on sharing dictionaries, test data and coordinate system
expertise with this effort.

Best regards,