[MetaCRS] "FOSS Maintained" Source of CRS Definitions

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Wed May 7 10:42:48 EDT 2008

Mike,

I just used this website for the first time on Monday. I really liked
it.

Your idea about contacting the maintainers of the site is an interesting
one. One question I had when I was browsing the site was how they
controlled user submission of CRS definitions. I saw a lot of these
definitions with the name "test". :]

I hope this discussion about a consolidated source of CRS definitions
maintained by FOSS enthusiasts will continue, and I think the idea of
teaming with the spatialreference.org site is a good one.

Landon