[MetaCRS] EPSG Database Update Mechanism for libgeotiff, GDAL, PROJ.4, and PostGIS

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Wed Dec 2 03:31:46 EST 2009

Hello,

About converting the EPSG tables to csv form, Frank wrote:

> Currently it looks like I'm capturing 12 tables as operated on by the
script:

> http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff/csv/pg_to_csv.py
>
> It would be easy to extend it to capturing them all though I don't
> really use a number of them in libgeotiff and related tools.  The
> current csv files are available in
http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff/csv.
(quoted from
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/metacrs/2009-June/000264.html)

Nice work. May I put some more EPSG tables on the wish list:

* The supersession table for datum transforms, which
  tells whether a datum transform is retired or superseded
  (see EPSG Guidance note 7.1, section 5.6).

* The table that gives the bounding rectangle coordinates for
  an area of use. (These are not in area.csv, as far as I can see.)

By the way, I think the libgeotiff/csv README file is wrong, where
it claims that "All EPSG tables have been dumped to csv."
( http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff/csv/README )

Regards,

--
Mikael Rittri