[MetaCRS] EPSG Database Update Mechanism for libgeotiff, GDAL, PROJ.4, and PostGIS

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Wed Dec 9 10:52:47 EST 2009

PS.

I wrote:
> By the way, I think the libgeotiff/csv README file is wrong, where it
claims that
>   "All EPSG tables have been dumped to csv."
> ( http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff/csv/README )

What's more, the claim that
    "The current version of the EPSG database dumped is 7.1"
seems to be wrong at least for area.csv. In the REVISION_DATE column,
the most recent date in area.csv is 22 Sep 2003.

So, I'll add an update of area.csv to my wish list. It is not
terribly important, but the AREA table does evolve over time.
For example, area.csv lacks
   3313, "Sweden - onshore", revision date 1 Feb 2006
and
   3408, "Sweden - Stockholm", revision date 20 July 2006

And for area 1298 in area.csv ("Europe - ETRS89"), the description
text is lacking a lot of countries like Andorra, Bulgaria, Greece,
Ireland, Malta and Serbia, which have been added later than 2003.

Best regards,

--
Mikael Rittri
Carmenta AB