[MetaCRS] Custom CRS/SRS (Malaysia)

Justin Deoliveira jdeolive at opengeo.org
Thu May 28 12:48:06 EDT 2009

Hi Bruce,

If you are using GeoServer you may wish to post to the geoserver-users
list :).

The the answer is described here:

http://geoserver.org/display/GEOSDOC/Custom+projection+definition+in+Geoserver+1.5.0+(onwards)

Basically just edit a property file which maps an epsg code you make up
to some arbitrary WKT which defines the projection.

-Justin

Bruce Foster wrote:
> All,
>
> Apologies if this has been asked before and cross posting. Well, in dire
> situation.
>
> I'm working on a project in Malaysia and the ran into major road block
> because of the local projection. All existing datasets are in
> older Cassini projection. They have 9 state level Cassini projection for
> cadastal work and they have different origin. It uses Everest 1830
> Modified for spheroid.
>
> They are moving to their new projection called GDM2000 and they have
> EPSG entries. But the older cassini dont have EPSG entries. this puts me
> in real fix.
>
> ArcGIS has the projection parameters for cassini and I dont find any
> details in spatialreferece or EPSG.org.
>
> My work involves GeoServer and PostGIS. Can you plesae guide and help me
> with this? How do I put a custom projection and how do I work on a
> projection that dont have EPSG? Since we work lot on EPSG with GeoServer
> and PostGIS, how can we support the non standard one.
>
> This is the CRS parameters;
>
> PROJCS["Malaysia_Cassini_Kelantan",GEOGCS["GCS_Kertau",DATUM["D_Kertau",SPHEROID["Everest_1830_Modified",6377304.063,300.8017]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],UNIT["Degree",0.017453292519943295]],PROJECTION["Cassini"],PARAMETER["False_Easting",0],PARAMETER["False_Northing",0],PARAMETER["Central_Meridian",102.8952083],PARAMETER["Scale_Factor",1],PARAMETER["Latitude_Of_Origin",4.946141667],UNIT["Meter",1]]
>
> any guru out there help me?
>
> another question, can this be reprojected to WGS84 using on the fly
> reprojection in GeoServer and PostGIS?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Bruce Foster

Justin Deoliveira