[MetaCRS] Tolerance values in standard test format

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Wed Nov 4 18:11:06 EST 2009

I think number 1 will be subjective and very difficult to quantify.
Different "authorities" may have slightly different formulas used in
conversion, and different software packages will implement these
differently.

How do I know how good Trimble Business Center conversions are compared
to AutoCAD Map or OGR2OGR?

I think we stick to clearly identifying the source of the expected
coordinate values in the test data file and let the user make a judgment
call. As an alternative, we could test various software packages and
provide a comparison of coordinate conversions, but I think this should
be done as supplemental information, and not as part of the test file.

I think you are correct about number 2. This should be library
dependent. However, if Martin Dre thinks a tolerance is important, I say
we include a suggested total 3D distance (between actual and expected
coordinates) tolerance.

Landon
Office Phone Number: (209) 946-0268
Cell Phone Number: (209) 992-0658