[MetaCRS] Why GCTP in Proj4js?

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Nov 5 10:01:07 EST 2009

It is simply for historical reasons: the initial implementation of the
forward/inverse methods from the MapBuilder project used the GCTPC code
as a base because it was easier to port.  In theory they should give the
same result but I've converted one or two of those to the PROJ4 code
base because they had different algorithms for spherical/elliptical
spheroids.

Mike

--
   Michael Adair