[MetaCRS] RE: Revised Test Data CSV File: New Column Names

Hugues Wisniewski hugues.wisniewski at autodesk.com
Fri Nov 6 12:46:10 EST 2009

Hi,

Whatever names are chosen for the columns I think it would be nice to have the full name displayed at the beginning of the csv file in the comment section
Something like this:

# Each line represents a coordinate conversion  test. The format is as follows:
#
# Name = test name
# Type = Test Type
# SrcCrsTyp = source CRS authority
# ScrCRS = source CRS code
# ExpCrsTyp = expected CRS authority
# ...

The idea is to avoid having to go to a different location like the wiki to be sure about the actual meaning of a given column
While having column names sounds great, for instance, the test.dat file in CsMap
http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/csmap/trunk/CsMapDev/Test/TEST.DAT
doesn't have column names but has a detailed comment about each field. When I started working on CsMap I found this comment to be very useful, especially when moving the files around from one server to another over the years. The info was all in one place.
So abbreviated column names and a legend in the comment section would be nice

Hugues