[MetaCRS] Re: ordering parameters in WKT fomat

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 20 09:06:34 EDT 2010

Howard Butler wrote:
> I would think it not be a problem, as most SRS implementations are trees and nodes meaning that order might not mean so much, but I don't feel qualified to say.  I'm forwarding this message on to the MetaCRS list, which should have the expertise to make a pronouncement one way or another...
>
> Howard

>> but if I change this order does it have an impact on the definition of the projection ?
>>
>> I would like your opinion about this comment
>>
>> thanks a lot in advance
>>
>> Jean-Marie

Jean-Marie,

I have encountered at least one WKT consumimg application (I'm not sure what
it was) that falls over if the keywords in the WKT are not ordered per the
standard.  It seems goofy to me to enforce ordering, but since then I have
tried to be more careful and the in OGRSpatialReference the FixupOrdering()
method attempts to restandardize WKT.

Best regards,