[MetaCRS] Specifying Coordinate Order in Test Data File...Again

Norm Olsen norm.olsen at autodesk.com
Tue Apr 27 10:14:49 EDT 2010

Hello Martin . . .

>> I suppose it's really an issue for the library itself to try and figure out this information somehow

Yes, that's exactly the point.  It is the library that maintains and interprets the definition.  Many use EPSG, but not all. Thus, if the "srcAuth" field is PROJ4, then the "srcCRS" references a PROJ4 definition of the coordinate system.  Thus, whatever the PROJ4 coordinate system definitions says, or doesn't say, about the axes is what controls for that particular test case.

If the source authority were EPSG, than the ordinates would need to be ordered in the manner that the EPSG definition specifies.  Yes, a library which does not honor axes swapping will fail if it tries to do certain EPSG systems which require swapping.  In my mind, that's part of what's being tested.

Norm