[MetaCRS] question on GeoTiff axis order

johann sorel johann.sorel at geomatys.com
Fri Dec 17 05:07:04 EST 2010

Hello,

I hope I'm sending this message to the correct list.

I am searching for informations on GeoTiff epsg axis order but couldn't
find a clear
definition in the specification or the faq.

When a geotiff encode an EPSG coordinate reference system by it's code :
is it following the EPSG standard or is it the 'fake' EPSG with
longitude first ?
Since the spec don't say anything, I believe it should be the axis order
as defined by epsg.

My problem is not to know which is the most used, but which is the
correct behavior.

johann sorel