[MetaCRS] How to project Lat/Lon coordinates on a panorama image?

Jan Martin janmartin at diy-streetview.org
Sat Jan 30 00:37:06 EST 2010

Hi all,

being new to this list, please advice if this question is better asked
elsewhere.

I wonder if Proj4js is the right way to solve this challenge I am facing:

I have two sets of Latitude/Longitude coordinates.

The first one is the coordinates and the direction of an equirectangular
panorama picture.
The second one of a point in sight. So it is on the picture.

I need the x/y coordinates of the second point to draw it on the picture.
In javascript.

Example equirectangular panorama picture available here:
http://www.diy-streetview.org/data/development/20100121/small/001sm.jpg

Example application (using bearing and distance instead of Lat/Lon
coordinates):
http://www.diy-streetview.org/data/development/20100121/streetview-playerA.html?streetview=small/001sm.jpg

Assumptions:
The horizon is half the hight of the image.
The camera was 2 meters above ground.

Hint:
It's in the Netherlands, so a negative Altitude is no error. They are really
below the waterline.

Skipp the camera hight and GPSAltitude when its to complicated.

Data for testing:

001sm.jpg
GPSLatitude: 51.802104
GPSLongitude: 3.929393