[MetaCRS] [Proj4js] geocent proj issue.

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Sep 9 14:51:38 EDT 2010

  Hi Clement,

The contents of the old geocent.js file is now contained in the main
proj4js.js file and it mainly handled conversions to/from
geocentric/geodetic coordinates.

I assume you are trying to convert from geocentric to Lat/long coords?
I see that PROJ.4 handles that case where the geocent 'projection' is
defined with the identity transform (like you have done) but i don't
think that will work in Proj4js.  You may be able to step through a
transformation and see where the geocentric - geodetic transform occurs
and where any errors may be introduced.

Mike

    Michael Adair
    Senior Software Architect