[MetaCRS] Slimming down the CS-Map distribution

Norm Olsen norm.olsen at autodesk.com
Fri Apr 29 11:26:32 EDT 2011

Hello Jackie . . .

You can remove any and all but one definition from the dictionary and all should work fine.  There needs to be at least one (maybe two) for things to work right.

The definitions are maintained in the coordsys.asc file.  The supplied compiler compiles the coordsys.asc file to produce a coordsys.csd file which is the actual binary dictionary referenced by the run time.  You can do the same thing with the datums.asc and ellipsoid.asc files, but these are much smaller and you run the risk of deleting something that is referenced elsewhere (i.e. in coordsys.asc).

Norm