[MetaCRS] Possible inclusion of GeographicLib in MetaCRS

Norm Olsen norm.olsen at autodesk.com
Mon May 9 14:12:26 EDT 2011

Hello All . . .

This looks like a serious package by a serious individual.  It appears to me that the individual is a serious geodesist and the library a serious mathematical work.  This is a bit of a departure from what most of us are: primarily end user application developers who need to incorporate coordinate conversion capabilities into an end user GIS type product.

The library includes the very interesting implementation of the Transverse Mercator in an exact form which I find very interesting.

I vote in favor of adding this library to our project.  I think it is an excellent example of the reason why "MetaCrs" is what is: "a collection of coordinate system libraries".

Norm