[MetaCRS] csmap - distance calculation

Norman Barker norman.barker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 14:36:21 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am using csmap for the first time and I have been able to get it
compiled on mac. I am interested in how I take a point in a particular
projection (for now defined by an epsg code) and convert this to a
spherical projection and add metres to it and then reverse this
transform. I am trying to do the same as the PostGIS Geographic type
but using CsMap to do a radius search, I will then use geos to buffer
the original centre point by the distance (in the original
coordinates).

Is this possible?

thanks,

Norman