[MetaCRS] CS-Map policy on multiple transformations per datum

Raven Kopelman raven.kopelman at safe.com
Fri Jan 17 12:01:38 PST 2014

Hi all,

I'm noticing that in spite of the effort to decouple datums from
transformations, most (all?) datums still only have a single transformation
defined.  This includes the new JGD2011 datum (
http://trac.osgeo.org/csmap/ticket/153), of which the related systems seem
to have been very carefully tailored to use a combination of two datums to
avoid adding multiple transformations for the datum.

My suspicion is that this all ties into the transformation picking
algorithm that fails if there are multiple valid choices.

Going forward, are we likely to start seeing multiple transformations
attached to the same datum?  This is interesting to me as it will impact
how compatible the FME specific definition changes I am making are going to
be with the mainline development.

Thanks,
--
Raven Kopelman | Software Developer