[MetaCRS] Proj4J Status

Nicholas Knize nknize at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 09:38:04 PST 2015

As much control as you want.  Proj4js (http://trac.osgeo.org/proj4js/) is
already on GitHub so there's precedence.  You can also have a look at our
Elasticsearch github for an example of tighter control over community
submitted PRs (see:
https://github.com/karmi/test-contributor-agreement/pull/21)

I created a Proj4J organization (https://github.com/Proj4J) to manage
permissions and membership of the code base. I can transfer ownership of
that organization (and reduce my level to member) at anytime if this is a
route the community is interested in taking.

IMHO there will be more community involvement with GitHub and could breathe
some life back into the codebase.