[MetaCRS] Coordinate offset after transformation from 4267 to 4326

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:15:49 PDT 2016

Just wanted to report back to this email thread, although I was never able
to determine quite what PROJ4 was doing but we were able to use a series of
points to make an educated guess:

The fix, at least for me, was to define a customer
*epsg_operations.properties* file that combined the grid-shift transform
(from NAD27 --> NAD83) and the shift from NAD83 --> WGS84):

      4267,4326=CONCAT_MT[ \
         PARAM_MT["NADCON", \
           PARAMETER["Latitude difference file", "conus.las"], \
           PARAMETER["Longitude difference file", "conus.los"]], \
         PARAM_MT["Molodenski", \
           PARAMETER["dim", 2], \
           PARAMETER["dx", 0.0], \
           PARAMETER["dy", 0.0], \
           PARAMETER["dz", 0.0], \
           PARAMETER["src_semi_major", 6378137.0], \
           PARAMETER["src_semi_minor", 6356752.314140356], \
           PARAMETER["tgt_semi_major", 6378137.0], \
           PARAMETER["tgt_semi_minor", 6356752.314245179]]]

This has output between GeoServer and QGIS lining up sufficient for the
application I am working on.
--
Jody

--