[MetaCRS] CSMAP: Deploy custom coordinate systems to server using CS-MAP

Clement Bouscasse Clement.Bouscasse at res-ltd.com
Mon Mar 7 02:41:29 PST 2016

Hi,

My company uses CS-Map for coordinate transformations and I need to add custom coordinate system definitions to the standard coordinate system library. I have successfully created  new entries using AutoDesk Civil 3D on my machine, and have located the corresponding "Category.csd" and "Coordsys.csd" files autocad generated for me.

I am stuck when trying to deploy these to our server running cs-map: I do not want to overwrite the existing "Category.csd" and "Coordsys.csd" files there for obvious reasons.

Looking online for information on how to achieve this, I came across this RFC:
https://trac.osgeo.org/csmap/wiki/CsMapRfc6

Which is quite old, and marked as "adopted" but not implemented... Is anyone able to tell me tell me how to proceed to get my server side csmap deployment to recognise my custom entries?

Thanks!

Clément Bouscasse
Software Developer
RES

D  +44 (0)1923 299 431
M  +44 (0)7881 092 496
clement.bouscasse at res-ltd.com<mailto:clement.bouscasse at res-ltd.com>
www.res-group.com<http://www.res-group.com/>

RES
Beaufort Court
Egg Farm Lane
Kings Langley
Hertfordshire WD4 8LR
United Kingdom

[cid:image001.gif at 01D1785D.E7CBA670]

Renewable Energy Systems Limited, registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1589961
Registered Office: Beaufort Court, Egg Farm Lane, Kings Langley, Hertfordshire WD4 8LR
P Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, contains information that may be confidential, and is protected by copyright. It is directed to the intended recipient(s) only.  If you have received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender by replying to this message, and then delete the e-mail. Unauthorised disclosure, publication, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited.  Any communication of a personal nature in this e-mail is not made by or on behalf of any RES group company. E-mails sent or received may be monitored to ensure compliance with the law, regulation and/or our policies.