[MetaCRS] Current Status

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Tue Mar 8 17:46:02 PST 2016

At some point they were a willing to create a test suite, but I do not
remember having seen development in the last years. The context may have
changed a little bit since the EPSG team has created the Geospatial
integrity of geoscience software – GIGS – tests since that time
(http://www.iogp.org/Geomatics#2521115-gigs). However those tests are
provided in the form of Excel sheets - we need to convert them in a form
executable by various libraries. This work started years ago in GeoAPI
(http://www.geoapi.org/geoapi-conformance/apidocs/org/opengis/test/referencing/gigs/package-summary.html)
but progress are slow due to my lack of time. But I have been able to
run tests on Proj.4 even if the GeoAPI interfaces are in Java. I'm
mentioning that just in case you would like to avoid some overlaps.

Note: GeoAPI project is owned by OGC. All OGC members can of course
influence its direction, but I think that they would not object to open
it to non-OGC contributors. Many OGC projects are hosted on github now.

    Martin