[Mobilitydb-users] building a tgeogpointi with time only known for some points

Esteban Zimanyi estebanzimanyi at gmail.com
Fri May 21 09:50:00 PDT 2021

In MobilityDB an underlying assumption is that all temporal types with
instantset subtype cannot assume any interpolation. A typical case is
collecting check-ins for social networks like Foursquare.

If in your particular application you can assume some interpolation for the
missing timestamps (e.g. using the previous and/or subsequent known
timestamp) I would suggest to use SQL window functions
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/tutorial-window.html
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/functions-window.html
such as lead or lag to fill the missing timestamps before entering them
into MobilityDB.