[Mobilitydb-users] using pg_eventserv to replay data

Wendell Turner WTurner at cssiinc.com
Thu Dec 22 09:10:51 PST 2022

In the recent PostGIS Day presentations, Paul Ramsey gave a talk on
pg_eventserv.  Although the purpose of pg_eventserv was to provide multiple
users with real-time postgis event updates, it looks like it could be used to
replay MobilityDB data.  At the Q&A at the end, I asked him about it, and he
said that it was certainly possible.

It looks interesting, and I would like to use pg_eventserv to replay MobilityDB
data, but I don't know how to do that.  Do you have any suggestions or advice?

Wendell

Paul's talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_nOzHmpY8M&list=PLesw5jpZchudJTmRukWO1eP5-6zPpIm5x&index=24
pg_eventserv: https://github.com/crunchydata/pg_eventserv
blog: https://www.crunchydata.com/blog/moving-objects-and-geofencing-with-postgres-postgis