[Journal] Requirement for articles to contain FOSS conent...(Was "Proofreading")

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Apr 18 12:01:28 EDT 2007

On Tuesday, 17. April 2007 20:26, Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
> I thought this thread deserved a more appropriate subject line, and I hope
> others agree. :]
>
> It wouldn't be much trouble at all for me to add a reference to the end of
> my article indicating that a future article will illustrate basic spatial
> relationships with the Java Topology Suite. Or even better, someone could
> indicate a FOSS program that currently manipulates topolgy, and I can
> indicate this in the article.

an outlook would be good anyway if you intend to write a second article.

Pointing to relevant foss software would be good, so that people can start
redoing your ideas with a foss software

But if we stress in the chapter "summary" that it is a theoretical chapter
without any relationship to software it is fine not to mention any software
in the article - I would say.
perhaps listing possible software at the end of this article?

Martin