[Journal] Brief update...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Apr 19 18:41:41 EDT 2007

I've been out of town for a week, but am starting to catch up now.  I
have started to change the cover of the journal so that it is done in
latex instead.  I've torn apart the OSGeoJournal.sty file - I'm sure
I made some mistakes and left it as a bit of a mess, but am using it
as a learning experience.

So have a peek at the PDF to see the current layout changes I made,
including headers/footers, page breaks above new sections, the use of
"chapter" headings.

I know how to add the chapter headings to the TOC as well.

Some remaining items that I was planning to work on, but could use
some help with:
-news formatting and conversion - raw file exists in svn
-better formatting of list on cover - indent, larger, other ideas for
improvements
-proof reading for grammar/language
-identifying any specific positioning problems for images, headings,
etc.

I'm sure there are more things too...

I will get back into this in the next couple days, but hope we can
polish this up finally next week.  Sound reasonable?