[Newsletter] Welcome and urgent issues/status

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Mar 5 08:03:05 EST 2007

Hello,

On Friday 02 March 2007 22:15, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Welcome everybody to the new list.  The purpose of this list is to
> facilitate easier discussion between editors, contributors and other
> volunteers.
>
> Urgent Issues:
> * we need to set recommended average length for each article type
> * we need to discuss the deadlines and if they are feasible

Call for participation and papers - February 27, 2007
Finalise production team - March 8, 2007
Close formal call for papers - March 23, 2007
Draft production - April 4, 2007
Final production - April 16, 2007

the deadlines from the homepage are looking good, so far.
I told all authors to submit their article before end of March (23 March).

> Current status:
> * Currently we are still working on recruiting a couple more
> volunteers as listed:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Newsletter#Open_Positions but are
> generally looking pretty good.

@Kevin: shall I send you the GRASS-News latex code so that you can start
modifying it? I would fancy a nice front-page with logo and titles of
articles and on the second page editorial and index. what do you think?

> * I'd also say were are looking generally really good committed
> content!  There are a few areas still untouched but hopefully we can
> fill them.

News & Events need some more input - but I think after a official call for
articles/News/Events we can fill this part

Project Intro: I still wait for some confirmation
Case Studies: Dylan Beaudette offered another GRASS-R article - would it fit
into Case Studies, Micha?

Integration Studies: I would close it for vol. 1 and hope that everybody
submits their article in time

Topical Studies: one more

Programming Tut: closed?

> * Anyone have ideas or interest in doing an interview with someone?

Inteview: can we take the interviews from the homepage?

> Looking forward to working with all of you!

dito!

Martin

> Tyler
>
> p.s. Don't reply to the message you received when I subscribed you,
> only this one.

Martin Wegmann

DLR - German Aerospace Center
German Remote Sensing Data Center
@
Dept.of Geography
Remote Sensing and Biodiversity Unit
&&
Dept. of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
University of Wuerzburg
Am Hubland
97074 Würzburg

phone: +49-(0)931 - 888 4797