[Newsletter] word count vs. page count

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Mar 7 08:23:52 EST 2007

Hello,

I think Tyler proposed it before to change the max. pages with a max. word
count.
I just received a deegree article with 4 pages in OpenOffice and transfered to
Latex I got 2 pages (not inserting one image)

Statistics for osgeo_test.tex
Characters
Words and numbers:	6895
LaTeX commands and environments:	101
Punctuation, delimiter and whitespaces:	1519
Total characters:	8515

Strings
Words:	1283
LaTeX commands:	18
LaTeX environments:	0
Total strings:	1301

Statistics OpenOffice (same document without 1 image):

see attached jpeg

Perhaps we should change 2 pages to +/- 1500 words, because in this document
we had quite a lot of \section{} and then there is still some space for
images.

Any other experiences with OO vs. tex word-count/page count?

Martin