[Journal] Sections versus subsections

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri May 4 14:43:46 EDT 2007

Hi Tyler:

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I'm getting close to wrapping up the journal.
>
> In several articles I'm finding that we have used a different
> hierarchy than I would have expected.  Now I'm wondering if it is for
> a reason.

> This makes "History" and "Details" a child of "Introduction" which
> makes no sense to me.  So I have been changing them all to \section
> instead.  If there is a problem with the way we are rendering section
> titles than let's fix that so we can maintain a proper logical hierarchy.
>
> Am I missing something?  Please let me know and I'll change them back
> if I broke something.

There are two articles where I notices that the "subsection" division
makes sense.
In the write up on deegree there's a section called "Components", and
after that explanations on deegree iGeoPortal, deegree iGeoSecurity,
etc. These should probably stay as subsections.
Also the article on PyWPS. There's a section entitled "Using ka-map and
PyWPS...", after which come subsections on Embrio and Wiuw.  Again you
might leave these formatted as subsections.
In addition, the final coverage of "Developer Updates" is organized, as
we thought a few weeks ago, as one article with sections for each
project, and the "items" under each section (each separate project
update) are marked as subsections.

Let us know if there's anything else you need help with.

Regards,
Micha