[Journal] Size of images in the journal

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Sat May 26 14:31:16 EDT 2007

On 26-May-07, at 5:21 AM, Micha Silver wrote:

> Yves Jacolin wrote:
>
>> Le Vendredi 25 Mai 2007 22:11, Yves Jacolin a écrit :
>>
>> \begin{figure*}[tbp]
>>    \centering
>>    \includegraphics[scale=0.5]{topical/ames/WPS_for_OSGeo-short-
>> img2.png}
>>    %caption of the figure
>>    \caption{Suggested communications flow between the client and
>> the server.}
>>    %label of the figure, which has to correspond to \ref{}:
>>    \label{fig:figure2}
>> \end{figure*}
>>
>> Note the * symbol close to {figure}, which wil create a new page
>> to insert the graph in plain page.
>
> Well done! Works beautifully.
> Have a look at this draft to see the results:
> http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/journal/volume_2/case_studies/yann/
> main_document.pdf

Looks okay, but I think we should use it sparingly and only when
really needed, since it breaks the reading "flow" when switching from
2 columns to 1.

Can we use something like [width=0.5\textwidth] instead of
[scale=0.5] ?  I think it will help it scale more automatically if
page size changes.

Thanks Yves,