[Journal] change of bibliography

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Nov 5 05:56:54 EST 2007

On Sunday 04 November 2007 10:14:34 Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2007 5:41 PM, Martin Wegmann
>
> <wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
> > Quoting Micha Silver <micha at arava.co.il>:

> > > Doens't the {bibliography} section enable \cite{} in the body of the
> > > text  to link to the correct {bibitem}?
> >
> > yes it does - I don't want to remove the bibliography but just its
> > appearance.
> >
> > I'll look into it in the next couple of days.

I looked into the code and tried to change the appearance but failed so far
using \renewcommand
Might it be an issue with bibitem syntax? I am using the bibtex syntax and
redefined the title without problems.

Any idea?

> I wonder if it would be better to change from bibitem to real bibtex
> for numerous reasons:
> - bibitem painful while bibtex easy to write
> - download bibtex from IEEE, Google Scholar, citeulike.org, ... nearly
> everywhere
>   (no handwritten bibitem stuff)
> - make single bibliographic file like RNews does:
> http://cran.at.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/
> - syntax checking through bibtex
> - easy style application to bibtex references

good idea - shall we do it for no. 3 already or postpone it to no. 4?

I will change the *.tex template for no. 4 to OSGeo and in case we use bibtex
include a sample bibtex file.

cheers, Martin