[Journal] Regrouping for 2008 - quick questions

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 21 15:59:51 EST 2008

Happy new year,
As some of you may have noticed I finally put up a deadline for the
next volume.
This is going to be an incredible issue if we can get it all
together.  But first I'd like to invite you all to take a few moments
to share your feedback from our first full year of the OSGeo Journal.

Please share with me via the list:
* Will you continue/discontinue to work on the journal this year?  Or
if you are new, are ready to start contributing now?
* Would you like your role to change in some way?  How/where/why
would you like to help?
* How can we get more content through our process faster? E.g.
improve getting from drafts-->to final easier?
* What were your top annoying things about the production process in
2007?
* What was the highlight of 2007 Journal volumes for you?
* What's the biggest challenge for the Journal in the future?
(solutions welcomed too :) )
* Was 3 volumes in one year too many?  just right? too few?
---
I've taken the past month to regroup my own thoughts on these points
but I'd like to get yours too before we jump into the next volume.

Hope all is well, just say hello if you don't have any great
I'll have a bit less time to work on the journal this year, so I'm
hoping that with the couple new additions to the team and a bit of
streamlining we can still produce 3-4 volumes this year.  I certainly
believe there is enough content out there..

Now it's your turn, looking forward to hearing from you.