[Journal] Introduction

Florian Kindl florian.kindl at norut.no
Mon Mar 3 10:02:28 EST 2008

Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself and offer my contribution to OSGeo journal.

My name is Florian Kindl, was born and raised in Austria, where I spent
most of my life. I earned a master's degree in Geography (major in
physical geography and GIS) from University of Innsbruck in 2007.

Besides I worked for the TirolAtlas project [1], a regional web-based
atlas built on Free and Open-Source technologies.

Now I am working on my PhD thesis in the field of remote
sensing/airborne laser scanning. My workplace is at Norut AS,
a research company related to the University of Tromsø, Norway.

I am an eager advocate of Free Software, both for work and private. I
have some years of experience with free geospatial software, mostly
GRASS GIS, QGIS and Mapserver. Moreover, I am a LaTeX-lover, which I use
for most things I write.

I'd like to offer my contribution to OSGeo journal in the position of
"Formatting/Conversion - moving non-LaTeX content into LaTeX forms (each
author/section Edt.has to check for latex errors etc.)" (from [2]) and
also as a reviewer. I think my competence would best meet articles of
the {Case,Integration,Topical} Studies sections.

I am looking forward to working together with you,
Florian Kindl

~~~
[1]
http://tirolatlas.uibk.ac.at/