[Journal] About the Journal latex file and other though

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Thu Mar 13 17:22:58 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am one of the translators of the journal for the French volume. As I am
finishing the vol 3, I would like to propose some tips/though about it.

I think it will better to find a standard way to named the LaTeX file.
Currently, the name of the author is used, following by the filename which
always different and we never now in which directory it is, which is sometime
hard to find out. It could be easier (for translator) to find out the file if
it has a standard name, for exemple :
<thematic>/<topic>_<authorName>/<topic>_<authorName>.tex.
All other standard filename could be better.

It seem important to me that it should avoid to let some extra tex or other
files not useful in the svn. It is possible to delete this kind of file as
soon they are not useful. Translator will not translate wrong files ;)

Another though, if you can send an email to the list as soon as a new tools is
used for the journal, it could be great. We began to work to the splitted pdf
file and someone find the nice tools in final_pdf/ directory ;)

Finally, it seem important to me that each article in the OSGeo_journal.tex
file have to be separate by a \newpage:
	\begin{article}
		% Portable GIS: GIS on a USB Stick
		\input{proceedings/cook/portable-gis.tex}
	\end{article}
	\begin{article}
		% Automatic Generation of Web-Based GIS/Database Applications
		\input{proceedings/minoura/article-chalainanont-sano-minoura.tex}
	\end{article}
	\begin{article}

The pdf split script will create nicer pdf file.

Best regards,

Yves Jacolin